William Hubbs wrote:
Hi  Dale,

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 09:20:52AM -0500, Dale wrote:
So do I need to create a runlevel called dalesboot and then just put the
same stuff in it as is in the normal boot level?  I have to say, that is
weird.  A runlevel should be used by both the system and available to
the user as well.
Actually the boot runlevel is not a runlevel in the way you are
thinking. It is just a group of services that need to be run once when
your system starts. It is run once when you boot right after the sysinit
"runlevel".

It sounds like you might want to use the "nonetwork" runlevel for what
you are trying to do since the only thing in there is the local service.

William

The emerge -e world finished. It still doesn't work like it did a few weeks ago. So, I tried the nonetwork option. That starts about every service except the GUI, my UPS thingy and a couple others. Get this, it even starts the freaking network. Why is it called nonetwork if it starts the network too. Seeing the list of services it started, it didn't miss many.

There is something not right here. It appears that openrc or whatever is not working the way it should. The funniest part about this, it worked fine the other day and it works just fine from a console. It just doesn't work right when passed from grub.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks.

Dale

:-)  :-)