William Hubbs wrote:
Hi  Dale,

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 09:20:52AM -0500, Dale wrote:
So do I need to create a runlevel called dalesboot and then just put the
same stuff in it as is in the normal boot level?  I have to say, that is
weird.  A runlevel should be used by both the system and available to
the user as well.
Actually the boot runlevel is not a runlevel in the way you are
thinking. It is just a group of services that need to be run once when
your system starts. It is run once when you boot right after the sysinit
"runlevel".

It sounds like you might want to use the "nonetwork" runlevel for what
you are trying to do since the only thing in there is the local service.

William

That may be true but until the openrc upgrade, it worked. I emailed the openrc folks and got a reply. He said it works for him which I assume means he can boot to the boot runlevel. If that is true, I have no reason to think it's not, then why does it not work for me? That was the reason I started this thread to begin with. I would like to know why it is not working anymore especially if it is working for the guy that sent me a email that works on openrc. I think his name was Mike. I'm awful with names. :/

So, back to my original question, why doesn't it work? I think someone else posted that it didn't work for them either.

Since I wasn't getting anywhere, I did the catch all, I ran my favorite little script and am re-emerging everything, just to see if that helps. Don't anyone hold their breath now. lol

Still open to ideas tho.

Dale

:-)  :-)