Colleen Beamer wrote:
On 10/19/11 04:41, Andrey Moshbear wrote:
On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 03:51, Mick<michaelkintz...@gmail.com>  wrote:

To listen to audio CDs you should *not* mount the CD.  Therefore the above
entry is not required.

Since you are trying to use KDE apps to play CDs you ought to check that you
have installed:

  kde-base/kdemultimedia-meta
  kde-base/kdemultimedia-kioslaves

If you're using a good chunk of kde, emerge kde-base/kde-meta. Makes
kde upgrades simpler, and less pollution in the world file.
To be honest, I don't want "meta" anything, bur from what I understand,
sets don't come into play until 4.7 and that isn't stable yet.  I didn't
want to install unstable KDE.

Regards,

Colleen

Using kde-meta doesn't have to pull in anything unstable. The reason for kde-meta is for those who want to install everything KDE and get it all in one command. I use kde-meta here since KDE is my primary desktop and I wanted to get the whole she bag, pardon the pun. lol

If you don't use unmask/keywords, then emerging kde-meta will just install the things you have not installed yet. It could be that a package that is needed is not yet installed. Then again, maybe something is muted. ^_^ Maybe this will explain it better:

root@fireball / # eix kde-meta
[I] kde-base/kde-meta
     Available versions:  (4) 4.6.3 4.6.5 (~)4.7.1 (~)4.7.2{tbz2}
        {accessibility aqua kdeprefix nls oldpim sdk semantic-desktop}
Installed versions: 4.7.2(4){tbz2}(03:44:51 AM 10/07/2011)(nls semantic-desktop -accessibility -aqua -oldpim -sdk)
     Homepage:            http://www.kde.org/

root@fireball / #

That make sense?  Cents?  Whichever. lol

Ma'am.  No hat tonight.

Dale

:-)  :-)