> Unfortunately, your logic is flawed.
>
> Where would you put the additional bits of address?
>
> That would involve rewriting the IP Header.

Your assumption that I do not know that is flawed. I did a review of
ipv6 before it was released and determined ipv4 to be superior then.
That was before I was shown some of the bad sides more recently.

> And while we're at it, why not *totally* remake IP based on decades of
> observation & experience?

Who's observations and who's experience. Not everyones that's for damn
sure.

> Hence, IPv6.

Lookup ipvshit

I'll give you a hint.

The guy who wrote most of the pf firewall that MAC OSX now uses as well
as QNX, the latest version originating from OpenBSD and being far better
than iptables has bought up lots of ipv4 just to stay away from ipvshit.

universal interface'

(Doug McIlroy)