On 03/08/2013 07:50 PM, Kevin Chadwick wrote:
>> Unfortunately, your logic is flawed.
>>
>> Where would you put the additional bits of address?
>>
>> That would involve rewriting the IP Header.
>>

> Your assumption that I do not know that is flawed. I did a review of
> ipv6 before it was released and determined ipv4 to be superior then.
> That was before I was shown some of the bad sides more recently.
>
>> And while we're at it, why not *totally* remake IP based on decades of
>> observation & experience?
>>

> Who's observations and who's experience. Not everyones that's for damn
> sure.

This is why the IETF exists, to allow vendors and engineers with field
knowledge to argue and debate until they come up with something that
most of them can agree on. IPv6 is what came out of that process.

I'm not going to say IPv6 doesn't have flaws...but it's certainly a lot
better than IPv4, and features it adds (even beyond address space
expansion) are very nice.

>> Hence, IPv6.
>
> Lookup ipvshit
>
> I'll give you a hint.
>
> The guy who wrote most of the pf firewall that MAC OSX now uses as well
> as QNX, the latest version originating from OpenBSD and being far better
> than iptables has bought up lots of ipv4 just to stay away from ipvshit.

Tried searching for it. You're going to have to provide some useful
direct reference, because a basic search wasn't very illuminating.