On Sat, 2005-09-10 at 14:26 -0500, John Jolet wrote:
> > > If you don't have the time to watch over the stage 1 build process, you
> > > can jump straight to a stage 3 then update packages from there.
> >
> > Well, that's the same ads installing Fedora (within 2 hours).
> With respect, that is NOT the same as installing fedora.  This laptop has had
> fedora, suse, mandrake(then mandriva), and now gentoo.  With all but gentoo,
> in kde, my memory was at 95% utilized, and swap at 10%.  With gentoo, in kde,
> memory is 46% free and swap 100% free.  The system runs faster, boots faster,
> and shuts down faster.  I used stage 3 install and built kde with emerge
> kde-meta (okay, so THAT took 16 hours).  Even starting with a stage 3, this
> is a better, more responsive system.  And since I built the kernel from
> source to start with, patching it is easier.  Not saying you shouldn't expect
> a stage 1 install to work, but even with a stage 3, there's no comparison.
> --
> John Jolet
> Your On-Demand IT Department
> 512-762-0729
> www.jolet.net
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

... what don't solve the problem.

I've filed a bug, which returned as "RESOLVED" because duplicate. Well
the duplicate was python-fchksum related but described something totally
different.

All I want is to Install Gentoo, ... and that crashed two times within
two days within one command.

I CANT RUN fix_libtool_files.sh BETWEEN ONE COMMAND!!!!!!!

Even "Ubuntu - Linux for human beings", the system I'm writing this
email from and for which I recognized that
# alias HUMAN_BEING='BFU'
is better than Gentoo just now, ... because it's installable.

:(