Philip Webb <purs...@ca.inter.net> wrote:

> 160318 waben...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Alan Grimes <alonz...@verizon.net> wrote:
> >> The last good version of KDE was 3.5.x.  Then the flood came (Qt
> >> 4)
>
> My conclusion at the time was that my current set-up is slightly
> better : Fluxbox provides the same basics & is simpler than the KDE 3
> environment, while the KDE apps I use (mainly Konsole Gwenview
> Okular) are better in 4 .

Do you have installed the complete KDE4? If not, what packages do
you have installed to configure the look and feel of your KDE apps?

> However, there are  2  small items I really miss : Kmahjongg
> Kworldclock . I had them in my previous machine (now stand-by),
> but they need a library which I can't install anymore,
> so I haven't tried to recreate them in my new machine.
> (Yes, I know there is Kmahjongg-4 , but it doesn't do "removed
> tiles").
>
> > waben...@gmail.com wrote:
> >> What I miss most of all is the fantastic konqueror.
> >> It was way better than any other filemanager that I know.
>
> I use Krusader & recommend it very highly for heavy file-lifting :
> have you tried it ? -- if not, do : you may well like it.

Thanks for your suggestion.

The dependencies are about the same as I would install konqueror.
Over 20 new packages and also some blockers.

And it seems that it is such a two panel thing, but that's usually
not my thing. ;-)
Is it possible to use tabs and just one panel? And does it have a
tree mode?

--
Regards
wabe