True. Ziplink, the ISP in Lowell, at one time had a very extensive set of
web pages on ISDN and how to order it.
ISDN (for consumer use) is broken up into 3 channels:
2 are 64K and the third is for control. You can bind the 2 64K channels
into one for an effective 128K. DOVB, I think, is limited to 56K, but it is
a digital bidirectional 56K where you analog 56K is never going to be above
50 (on a dialup), and it's assymetrical.
Before you order ISDN, check with the ISP on their recommendations.
When ordering ISDN, the phone company used to be clueless.

--
Jerry Feldman
Portfolio Partner Engineering

Compaq Computer Corp.