On Tuesday, 07 April 2015 at 05:11:03 pm -0300, Xavier Ryckeboer wrote:

> I run kpsewhich -var-value TEXMF, wich returns:
> {/home/xavier/texmf,!!/etc/texmf,!!/var/lib/texmf,!!/usr/local/share/texmf,!!/usr/share/
> texmf}
>
> So, following your instructions, I re-installed Gregorio using the same steps.
> I tried Scribus again, and I get the same errors.
>

> So, here we have the output of the first commands:
>
> kpsewhich -var-value TEXMFLOCAL
> /usr/local/share/texmf

If you run this command using sudo, do you still get the same result?  I
need this information for the improvement of the install.sh script.

> kpsewhich -var-value TEXMF
> {/home/xavier/texmf,!!/etc/texmf,!!/var/lib/texmf,!!/usr/local/share/texmf,!!/usr/share/
> texmf}
>
> kpsewhich gregoriotex.tex
> - - nothing - -
>
> kpsewhich -all gregoriotex.tex
> - - nothing - -
>
> kpsewhich gregoriotex.sty
> - - nothing - -
>
> kpsewhich -all gregoriotex.sty
> - - nothing - -
>

> > If, on the other hand, after logging out and back in, kpsewhich
> > -var-value TEXMF still returns nothing, then TeX really insn't installed
> > correctly.  Please try re-installing it.
>
> It's not the case, because
> kpsewhich -var-value TEXMF
> returns
> {/home/xavier/texmf,!!/etc/texmf,!!/var/lib/texmf,!!/usr/local/share/texmf,!!/usr/share/
> texmf}

For now, when installing, try:

sudo ./install.sh dir:/usr/local/share/texmf

After this, gregoriotex.sty and a number of other files should be in
/usr/local/share/texmf/tex/luatex/gregoriotex .

At this point, back as your non-root user, run

kpsewhich gregoriotex.sty

Hopefully, that will return
/usr/local/share/texmf/tex/luatex/gregoriotex/gregoriotex.sty

If so, I think Scribus should work.

If not, then something went wrong that I'm having trouble guessing.

Regards,
Henry