Valve created steam groups, ways for people to join communities and many
many people take advantage of this to be a part of something.
This act of being a part of something adds depth to the game and that is
what communities have to offer.

This change Valve did needs to go - period.
I'm with the rest here, there needs to be a response from Valve and soon not
just do the norm of releasing an update and then go away for the weekend
leaving everyone hanging.

It's a changing demographic - people just want to play videogames, not
really sign up for a whole 'favorite server loyalty program'.

And who cares if our servers "die out"? What are we out? Ego?