On Sun, 31 Jul 2011 18:19:11 -0400 Gerhard Postpischil <gerh...@valley.net>
wrote:

:>On 7/31/2011 12:35 PM, CM Poncelet wrote:
:>> The program's DCB attributes take priority over (i.e.
:>> 'override') the DCB attributes on DASD for OUTPUT, and the DCB
:>> attributes on DASD take priority over (i.e. 'override') the
:>> program's DCB for INPUT. If a program 'disagrees' with that and
:>> tries to override the DCB attributes on DASD anyway, with its
:>> own DCB attributes and for an INPUT, it crashes with an I/O
:>> error. Crashing with an I/O error indicates that the program's
:>> DCB was unable - not able - to override the DCB attributes on DASD.

:>What we have here is a failure to communicate. Your statement
:>above makes it evident that you are using "DCB attributes on
:>DASD" as applying to the format of the data, whereas the other
:>participants in this merry-go-round are referring to the DCB
:>parameters in the format 1 DSCB (DS1RECFM, DS1LRECL, DS1BLKL).

Yes, that was what I was trying to point out to him.

http://www.dissensoftware.com