Usually we don't choose to move away from good products like SAS or from 3rd
party performance monitors. It is usually a Management decision to lower
costs at any cost that forces us to go back to basic analysis/reporting,
often done in freebie languages (FORTRAN-G, PL/I-F, Rexx, etc)

And training for knowing what to do with the data? That training budget was
eliminated 15 years ago.

/Tom Kern