apple has probably done 'a hostile takeover' of the CUPS project, by
'buying' the author.

http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php/id;1249882244;fp;16;fpid;1

the community thinks this is to safeguard apple from issues with gpl3,
as apple's printing-engine relies on CUPS. maybe, maybe not.

apple also bought the GPL-ed software similarly, that was the
precursor to 'shake' its video-compositing app.

can we expect several more of such similar 'hostile' take-overs of
GPL-ed software where a lead-programmer essentially has the right to
revoke the GPL license for whatever motivations?

HP, that relies on CUPS to keep its printers compatible with GnuLinux,
has yet to respond or issue a statement.

could this have an impact on our GPL-ed ability to 'print-to-pdf' using CUPS?

?
niyam