>  I dont think cups is project driven by single
> programmer. Apple hiring lead programmer presents no
> threat to the project as long as lead programmer is
> dedicated to the project.

In this case the license has been modified to explicitly exclude Apple
from the need to keep derivative products open source. Unless shown
otherwise, it does look like a case of the lead programmer being
bought.

I wonder how does GPLv3 deal with such takeovers. If it is so simple
to build in an exception clause, big corporations like Microsoft can
always sweeten the deal enough to lure programmers into selling out.

Vikas