IANAL FWIW....

On Thursday 12 July 2007 11:28 pm, Linux Lingam wrote:

> can we expect several more of such similar 'hostile' take-overs of
> GPL-ed software where a lead-programmer essentially has the right to
> revoke the GPL license for whatever motivations?

It's not possible for anyone to "revoke" the GPL license on the code
that is already out there. In the worst case "we" fork the last GPL/LGPL
release.  The GPLv3 question is more valid though - I have not seen the
license for CUPS but unless it explicitly states "2 or later" of GPL
then it can not be relicensed under GPLv3.

-Taj.