Hi shoshana,

In outlook 2007 and 2010 To delete a message and have the next message
automatically open try the following:
1. Go to Tools > Options > tab once to "Email options..." and press enter.
2. You will land on the following item: "After moving or deleting an open
item." This is a combo box, so you can press up or down arrow to modify the
setting. Make sure to select the following item: "Open the next item."
3. Shift tab about 2 or 3 times to locate the "Ok" button and press enter.
4. Once again press Shift+tab about 4 times to "Ok" and press enter.
5. Open an email message then press Control+d (delta). The currently open
email message should be deleted and the next email message should show.

I really, really would like to discourage you from reading through your
e-mail in this manner, as you might unwittingly be inviting something nasty
into your computer. You are essentially opening all email without any
consideration as to where it came from or who sent it to you. <Smile>.

On the other hand, if you have created message rules to automatically sort
your mail into their respective folders, reading mail in this manner can be
completed quite quickly. The danger of accidentally opening something nasty
still exists, but it is not as great as automatically opening everything in
your Inbox.

Don't forget that your Deleted items folder will get a bit cluttered, so you
will want to go in there every couple of days and clear everything out.

Feel free to write me off-list for free help with absolutely any computer
related problem!

Joseph the free tech guy!