Probably not. I didn't realize we were talking about quite so many nodes.
Still, the UFF field is interesting because it might work with any geometry
-- leaving angles out all together. We might have to add something to get
it to ignore certain energy components. Angles and dihedrals, for instance.

On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 9:55 AM, Rolf Huehne <rhue...@fli-leibniz.de> wrote:

> On 10/06/2014 02:22 PM, Robert Hanson wrote:
> > On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 6:32 AM, Rolf Huehne <rhue...@fli-leibniz.de>
> wrote:
> >
> >>         Hi developers,
> >>

> >> Q: I was wondering if it might be possible to achieve this by tuning the
> >> 'minimize' command with some extra parameters or maybe by enabling to
> >> define a custom 'minimize' function?
> >>

> > I think if you did UFF minimization you could adapt
> > j2s/J/minimize/forcefield/data/UFF.txt to just about anything you wanted
> to.
> >
> Bob, do you really think that it will be possible to adapt the
> parameters in the UFF file to cope with "atoms" that can have several
> hundred or even thousands of "bonds" and get a reasonable network layout?
> At a first glance it doesn't look very likely for me. But I must admit
> that I have never dealt with UFF or something similar before.
>
> Regards,
> Rolf
>
> --
>
> Rolf Huehne
> Postdoc
>
> Leibniz Institute for Age Research - Fritz Lipmann Institute (FLI)
> Beutenbergstrasse 11
> 07745 Jena, Germany
>
> Phone:   +49 3641 65 6205
> Fax:     +49 3641 65 6210
> E-Mail:  rhue...@fli-leibniz.de
> Website: http://www.fli-leibniz.de
>
>            Scientific Director: Prof. Dr. K. Lenhard Rudolph
>         Head of Administration: Dr. Daniele Barthel
> Chairman of Board of Trustees: Dennys Klein
>
> VAT No: DE 153 925 464
> Register of Associations: No. 230296, Amtsgericht Jena
> Tax Number: 162/141/08228

Robert M. Hanson
Larson-Anderson Professor of Chemistry
Chair, Department of Chemistry
St. Olaf College
Northfield, MN
http://www.stolaf.edu/people/hansonr

-- Josiah Willard Gibbs, Lecture XXX, Monday, February 5, 1900