On 10/08/2014 02:11 PM, Robert Hanson wrote:
> Groups are at the core of Jmol for PDB files, which are among the largest
> (slowest to process). They are key to all processing, including rendering.
> The idea of going from a "one-group simple pointer" method to a
> "multi-group look-up table" for something that is not a core molecular
> property is not really an option. There must be another way.

I suspected this. But I didn't want to miss an opportunity for the
optimal solution prior to actually designing the system and asked.

Certainly there are other ways to handle this.
Thank you for the bitset variable example.

Regards,
Rolf

--

Rolf Huehne
Postdoc

Leibniz Institute for Age Research - Fritz Lipmann Institute (FLI)
Beutenbergstrasse 11
07745 Jena, Germany

Phone:   +49 3641 65 6205
Fax:     +49 3641 65 6210
E-Mail:  rhue...@fli-leibniz.de
Website: http://www.fli-leibniz.de

           Scientific Director: Prof. Dr. K. Lenhard Rudolph
        Head of Administration: Dr. Daniele Barthel
Chairman of Board of Trustees: Dennys Klein

VAT No: DE 153 925 464
Register of Associations: No. 230296, Amtsgericht Jena
Tax Number: 162/141/08228