On 10/07/2014 06:12 PM, Robert Hanson wrote:
>> Q: Does JSmol allow that an atom is part of more than one residue or
>> would this interfere with something?
>>

> Certainly an atom can only be in one residue. Each atom has a "group"
> property that points to its residue.

Sorry, I should have posed the question differently:
Would it be possible without too much trouble and work to extend the
current "group" property by a "grouplist" property that would enable to
put an atom into multiple groupsand integrating this seamlessly into the
current group concept?

Since the basic 'Jena3D Viewer' system was designed in 2005/2006 Jmol
math wasn't available yet. And I must admit that I havn't looked in
detail how self-defined atom set containing variables might be more
helpful in this context.

Regards,
Rolf
--

Rolf Huehne
Postdoc

Leibniz Institute for Age Research - Fritz Lipmann Institute (FLI)
Beutenbergstrasse 11
07745 Jena, Germany

Phone:   +49 3641 65 6205
Fax:     +49 3641 65 6210
E-Mail:  rhue...@fli-leibniz.de
Website: http://www.fli-leibniz.de

           Scientific Director: Prof. Dr. K. Lenhard Rudolph
        Head of Administration: Dr. Daniele Barthel
Chairman of Board of Trustees: Dennys Klein

VAT No: DE 153 925 464
Register of Associations: No. 230296, Amtsgericht Jena
Tax Number: 162/141/08228