Dear Angel,

You are completely right in asking first more information on versions,
before suggesting solutions :-)

We are, at this time, testing the latest stable Jmol (12.2.6) with the
latest stable MediaWiki (1.17.0) and found a problem similar to what
Kilian described, so I suggested the fix that worked for us, without
requesting additional details on Kilian configuration.

I have not enough information as to say if this change should be made
permanent, and what will happen if the 'fixed' Jmol extension is run on a
previous MediaWiki version. What's clear is that some research is required.

Best Regards,
Jaim
--
Dr Jaime Prilusky