Hello Jmol community,
I searched on google but found no hint on how to do this: given a 3D view in
JSmol, I want to label the residue (or just CA atom) that is "closest" to the
viewer (user, or observer) in 3D. (Or even better, maybe label the 5 closest
residues). This, in a dynamic way such that when the user rotates the molecule
in any direction, the new residues that are closest to him/her are now labeled.
I hope the description of my problem is clear enough!

Do you see any way to achieve this? I guess I should access the x, y, z
positions of the atoms in the frame of the camera? (but how?)

Thanks a lot for your help!
Luciano