Gus Wirth wrote:
>..
> Although you are correct in that the lists are a public forum, it is
> evident that we do try to do some minimal obfuscation to protect e-mail
> addresses. Evidently, the list manager doesn't look in the subject line
> since that's not an obvious place to look.

That's the main point I was groping with. I need to study English, some day.

I note that the obfuscation of archived messages seem to have improved
recently (since September). I also just verified that subject lines are
NOT modified in the archives, as of today.

> However, I don't think that retroactively going back and changing things
> is a good idea. The possibility of hosing history outweighs any
> insignificant advantage to Helge. If she is on some spammer's list then
> I feel her pain, but deleting our archives isn't going to remove her
> from their lists. I wonder if she puts as much effort into tracking down
> the bad guys.

I would agree that it's unreasonable to attempt to fix or delete old
archives. My question still stands: could we [in the future] do
something about subject lines in our archives?

Regards,
..jim

--
KPLUG-Steer@kernel-panic.org