On Apr 5, 2007, at 9:28 PM, Ralph Shumaker wrote:

Gregory K. Ruiz-Ade wrote:

a) replace our entire list management system with something that does better obfuscation in the web archives.

I know next to nothing about the list management system. Bearing that in mind, couldn't the postings be archived into some kind of a temporary place by the list management system? Then a script could check the subject lines (and any other part) and munge them appropriately before moving them to the target archive?

Unfortunately, that still doesn't address the archives created by people subscribing other online archive services to the lists. If the mail goes out to members, it does out to those services as well. If you search for kplug-list, the first hit is www.mail-archive.com, which I don't think anyone on -steer has anything to do with:

http://www.mail-archive.com/kplug-list@kernel-panic.org/info.html

There they point to the "official" archive, as well as a gmane archive, which we also have nothing to do with.

Those two external archives took less than a minute to find; I'm sure there are others.

However, mail-archive.org happens to obfuscate all email addresses it finds; for evidence of this, see:

http://www.mail-archive.com/kplug-steer@kernel-panic.org/msg00801.html

Gregory

--
Gregory K. Ruiz-Ade <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
OpenPGP Key ID: EAF4844B  keyserver: pgpkeys.mit.edu

KPLUG-Steer@kernel-panic.org