Dawn,

I, too, am looking at eventually moving from TMG to another program.  I
came across the announcement a couple of months ago about Legacy
building an import tool for TMG users.  I couldn't find any updates on
its status so recently joined this forum in hopes of learning more about
the tool's development.

Discussion I have had with Wholly Genes and with Second Site creator
John Cardinal trend to suggest that TMG 9 will continue to function on
Windows platforms for several years of advancements with the Windows
platform.  So we don't have to rush to Legacy or another application, we
have time for Legacy to fully develop the importer. My goal is to be
able to import TMG tables into a new application without going through a
gedcom.  I fear the gedcom standard hasn't caught up to apps like TMG
capabilities and we could loose or misidentify a lot of our TMG data
importing to another app via a gedcom.

I'd like to hear more from Barbara on how she converted TMG to Legacy
and was it an accurate transfer.  She blazed a trail I'm not ready to
travel.  If we can learn from her and others where the potholes are on
that path, we can experience a better transition.

I also use Second Site, the third party app to TMG for converting the
data to html pages for my web site so our organization's members can
access the tree.  So any replacement to TMG must have a solution for
converting to web pages.

Jamie Diana Poindexter, Research Committee co-chair & webmaster
Poindexter Descendants Association
www.poindexterfamily.org