From: Sherry/Support [mailto:she...@legacyfamilytree.com]
Sent: Monday, December 01, 2014 7:35 PM
To: legacyusergroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] TMG looking for new home Legacy vs RootsMagic 7

>From the Help file for Ancestor: Color Coding

Accredited genealogist Mary E. V. Hill developed this color-coding system used
in Legacy. Adding color-coding to your organizational system helps keep your
ancestral lines straight and promotes effective genealogy research.

The idea for color-coding began when family researchers finding lots of
collateral genealogy information felt a need to concentrate direct-line great-
and great-great-grandparents going back for many generations.

As they worked on large pedigree charts it became overwhelming until they
divided the chart up into four quarters by color.

Color-code your pedigree by the lineages of your four grandparents. All the
ancestors of one grandparent will be organized under the same color:

Grandfather's lineage on your father's side: BLUE

Grandmother's lineage on your father's side: GREEN

Grandfather's lineage on your mother's side: RED

Grandmother's lineage on your mother's side: YELLOW

As you navigate through your family file in Legacy the color code for the
current individual is shown on the Family and Pedigree Views letting you
quickly know what line you are looking at.

Sincerely,
Sherry
Technical Support
Legacy Family Tree