Jerry et al,

If you want something for your private use in any field in Legacy,
enclose it in privacy brackets [[ ]] double square brackets.
Then it can be included or not as you choose in reports and exports -
however, it's an all or nothing include or exclude. You can't include
the private note in some fields and not others.

However, if you really needed to do this (include the private data in
some fields and not others), you could make a copy of your file and then
search and replace on a field to remove the brackets in a particular
field or replace them with a different bracket.

There's often a way to do things if you think around the issue.

Cathy