Στις Saturday 13 September 2008 12:01:19 γράψατε:
> Lefteris Dimitroulakis wrote:
> > > Since you install Man, you get relevant man pages translated in greek.
> > > So you may add in your Table 6.1 "Greek (el)   ISO-8859-7".
> >
> > Additionally:
> > Bulgarian (bg) cp1251
> > Romanian (ro) ISO-8859-2
> > Slovenian (sl)  ISO-8859-2
>
> NAK.
>
> The table in the text is really a copy of a table in Man-DB source, because
> the expectations of Man-DB can't be changed. With Man, the encoding
> expectations depend on NROFF and JNROFF lines. So, you can't really suggest
> this without knowing how DJ Lucas is going to configure Man. Your
> suggestion is obviously valid if one uses the default NROFF line (and thus
> avoids groff-utf8) and a non-UTF-8 locale. However, this is obviously
> different from the expected future direction.

With all due respect to lfs-dev's, to you and to the holly book,
it will be very bizarre if lfsbook uses the Man package
and at the same time is claiming
that the included in the package man-pages
are NOT readable for whatever reason.
And yes, I use the default /etc/man.conf.
and my personal files for configuration needed in order
to read man-pages in the encoding of my preference,
legacy or utf8.

Lefteris