Linux-Advocacy Digest #353, Volume #35           Mon, 18 Jun 01 07:13:04 EDT

Contents:
  Re: More microsoft innovation (Sandman)
  Re: Linux penetration MUCH lower than previously claimed ("Ayende Rahien")
  Re: Microsft IE6 smart tags ("Ayende Rahien")
  Re: More micro$oft "customer service" ("Ayende Rahien")
  Re: ZD Net -Win user comments. ("Piers Bray")
  Re: Will MS get away with this one? (JamesW)
  Re: Why homosexuals are no threat to heterosexuals ("You've got MALE.. sex organs!")
  Re: Where is American pride?... (was Re: European arrogance     (Thaddius Maximus)
  Re: OT: Where is American pride?... (was Re: European arrogance and ignorance...)
("JS \\ PL")
  Re: Just when Linux starts getting good, Microsoft buries it in the dust!
(mike@ihdudy)
  Re: New BSD Advocacy site! (Richard Thrippleton)
  Re: New BSD Advocacy site! (Richard Thrippleton)
  Re: New BSD Advocacy site! (Richard Thrippleton)
  Re: Just when Linux starts getting good, Microsoft buries it in the dust! ("Edward
Rosten")
  Re: Linux inheriting "DLL Hell" (pip)
  Re: More microsoft innovation (Woofbert)
  Re: More micro$oft "customer service" (drsquare)
  Re: More micro$oft "customer service" (drsquare)
  Re: Linux inheriting "DLL Hell" (drsquare)
  Re: Just when Linux starts getting good, Microsoft buries it in the dust! (drsquare)
  Re: Just when Linux starts getting good, Microsoft buries it in the dust! (drsquare)
  Re: Just when Linux starts getting good, Microsoft buries it in the dust! (drsquare)
  Re: Just when Linux starts getting good, Microsoft buries it in the dust! (drsquare)
  Re: More microsoft innovation (drsquare)
  Re: More microsoft innovation (drsquare)

From: Sandman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Re: More microsoft innovation
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 11:09:55 +0200

In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, macman
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > None of it, since none of your objections are "facts".   They're all
> > just paranoia.
>
> Is that supposed to be an answer?
>
> The facts are very, very simple. A web page author creates a page the
> way they want it. Smart tags add things the author never intended.
>
> I personally believe in intellectual property. This is a massive
> violation.

Actually, I came to think about something... What if I have a anti-IBM site
for example. A site where I claim IBM is evil and IBM is this and that. How
inappropriate if every "IBM" is linked to the site, stock quotes and
company info and the company homepage, something I would -never- want to
promote on my anti site.

Hmmmm. I can see the email going to the webmaster from an unsavvy IE user:
"Thank you for the link to IBM stock quotes, it helped me write my report"
- GAAAH! :-D

--
Sandman[.net]

------------------------------

From: "Ayende Rahien" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Linux penetration MUCH lower than previously claimed
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 12:01:44 +0200

"Matthew Gardiner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> Improved networking. When copying files from CDROM to the hard disk, I
> don't want my download speed to come to a crashing hault.

That doesn't have much to do with networking, I guess. It's to do with the
kernel not handling I/O well enough.
It's not supposed to affect the download speed, unless the TCP/IP part of
the kernel has to wait for CPU cycles.

------------------------------

From: "Ayende Rahien" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.destroy.microsoft,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy
Subject: Re: Microsft IE6 smart tags
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 12:08:19 +0200

"green" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:9gk9qc$jmq$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> the what if is a virus gets in to the backup copies of the files and
changes
> them.
> how do you restore?

>From the CD.

> ok I don't really care because I'm sure theres a easy way :)

You've to be an administrator to meddle with those dlls, and Windows would
consider those files tainted (ie, wouldn't use them) if they don't have
digital signature.

------------------------------

From: "Ayende Rahien" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Re: More micro$oft "customer service"
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 12:13:48 +0200

"GreyCloud" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> Dan wrote:
> >
> > In article
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
> >  GreyCloud <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > > I take it tho that you responded to this ng currently with a Mac?
> >
> > Yes.   I like MT-NW 3.1!   Actually, I'm running it under Classic on OS
> > X.
> >
> > > So if you set the default to OFF will the above page still work the
> > > same?
> >
> > YES!!!!!!!!!!!!   It's just a display option.
> >
> > > If not do users of other systems be SOL??
> >
> > NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!   It's a local display option only.   No one else is
> > affected.   It doesn't change anything.
> >
> > Dan
>
> Well, I can't be a judge yet, but I have read the thread on smart-tags.
> But I know nothing about the smart tags.  If I have a vax using netscape
> 3.0 will I still be able to view all of the contents of a web page with
> smart-tags on it??
> Just making sure.

Yes, NS will ignore all tags that it doesn't understand.
At least it should ignore them.

------------------------------

From: "Piers Bray" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: ZD Net -Win user comments.
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2001 21:37:25 +1000

Charlie, not wanting to piss you off or anything but do take a look at
Win2K.  Very stable for a MS OS.  Still has many things that could be
improved but it craps on Win Me, NT or any of the 9x OS's.  WinXP is just a
further development of Win2K with a playground GUI bolted on although you
need 600Mhz minimum to run this new crap GUI.

Piers
OS or update BeOS or I'll have to wait for Linux with Kernel 4.6 for decent
audio and GUI response. (-:

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

------------------------------

From: JamesW <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.destroy.microsoft
Subject: Re: Will MS get away with this one?
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 10:47:36 +0100

In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] says...
> That's as maybe, but Apple's behaviour suggests that given the opportunity
> they'd be the Mafia twice over. Anyone who sues over the "Qube" has to have
> megalomaniac tendencies.

Er - weren't Apple the ones threatened with legal action by Cobalt over
the 'Qube'?

http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/news/0,4586,2609260,00.html

------------------------------

From: "You've got MALE.. sex organs!" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Why homosexuals are no threat to heterosexuals
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2001 07:03:48 -0600

You DID get both the French and Greek features with your
mail order bride, didn't you, Aaron?

I know you paid enough. $39.95 plus next day air postage.

------------------------------

From: Thaddius Maximus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
alt.destroy.microsoft,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy
Subject: Re: Where is American pride?... (was Re: European arrogance
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 10:37:38 +0100

Rotten168 wrote:

> Thaddius Maximus wrote:

> > > *huff*

> > > Yes: I didn't say it was a democracy...

> > > ...it is a *representative* democracy.
> > >
> > > You vote for representatives. This part is a democratic process. the
> > > representatives are selected in a democratic manner.
> > >
> > > You DEMOCRATICALLY select people to represent you. They are then free to
> > > pass laws within certain limits, but not based of further referendum.
> > >
> > > That is what a *REPRSENTATIVE* democracy is.
> > >
> > > As you can probably see a country (eg the US) can be both a republic and
> > > a *representative* democracy at the SAME time.
> > >
> > > Just because it is not written in the constitution, does not make it
> > > false.
> > >
> > > -Ed
> > >

> > Ed, Ed, Ed.... *sigh*  In a "representative democracy" the people exercise
> > sovereign power through their representatives.  WE DON'T HAVE THAT HERE
> > IN THE USA!
>
> We don't? So why am I casting votes for representation then?

Look, in a represenative democracy the people exercise sovereign
power THROUGH a represenative.

In a republic the people delegate their sovereign power to a
represenative.

Now, you tell me which instance takes place in America?  I for one,
know for a fact that my sovereign power has been delegated to a
represenative.

From: "JS \\ PL" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: OT: Where is American pride?... (was Re: European arrogance and
ignorance...)
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 06:20:09 -0400

"Tukla Ratte" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> Matthew Gardiner \(BOFH\) wrote:
>
> < snip >
>
> > Also, atleast the Danish actually exercise their democratic right by
> > actually voting!  I would be disgusted at the number of people who
turned
> > out to vote in the US election.
>
> I don't think the last election is going to help, either.  After all, the
> basic problem seems to be the perception that "one vote doesn't matter".
> Now we've seen how more than a *half-million* votes don't matter.  And
even
> where the race is tight, one vote *still* doesn't matter because nobody
can
> accurately count all of 'em.
>
> Maybe I'll be surprised, though, and the next election will have a better
> turnout.  I hope I am, or Bush will be in for a second term.  <shudder>

Increased democrat turnout will depend on how many homeless the dems can
lure onto the voting bus with wine and cigarettes won't it? Maybe they could
devise a ballot for democrats only which has ONE choice on it (pre-punched)
to avoid the voting confusion that they are susceptible to.

------------------------------

From: mike@ihdudy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Just when Linux starts getting good, Microsoft buries it in the dust!
Date: 18 Jun 2001 02:37:38 -0700

In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Matthew says...

>Telephones and cars are task dedicated devices,

so is the PC.

people use the PC to do a task. send email. write a letter. call
someone. draw a picture. etc..., all are tasks.

>hence, they are a less  complex device.

of course they are complex. But as a end-user tool should be, complexity
is hidden inside as much as possible.

>Also, I would be interested in knowing whether you
>change the oil in your car? do you add exta water for the window
>cleaner? program the phone for auto-dial?

most do not know actually how to do these things, yet they drive cars
and use the phone just fine. I have been driving my car for 30 years, and
never ever changed the oil myself. I take it to a drive-through oil changing
place. I do not care nor is interested in learning how to do this.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Richard Thrippleton)
Subject: Re: New BSD Advocacy site!
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 11:24:10 +0000

In article <9gjroh$2tg$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>Big Daddy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Hey, Hey, Hey! It's windows that sucks, and needs to be wiped from
>> existence. Linux and BSD should be allies!
>
>Actually, the BSD camp has good reason to think that linux sucks...
>
>Because it does, in comparison to BSD.  :)
        Back in my early days of Linux, I was almost tempted to switch to a
BSD, as at that time formatting various things wouldn't have distressed me
too much. But I didn't, due to one issue and one issue only; hardware
support. None of the BSDs had support for my (common) sound and graphics
cards, Linux did. Though BSD has an allegedly more efficient VM manager,
scheduler, everything, Linux seems to be better at cutting edge hardware.
        So you're probably right in all but one respect!

Richard

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Richard Thrippleton)
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 11:19:31 +0000

In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Charlie Ebert wrote:
>In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Richard Thrippleton wrote:
>>In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Charlie Ebert wrote:
>>>
>>>http://www.linuxsucks.org/
>>>
>>>Interesting why they didn't take BSD-FANS or
>>>BSD-ROCKS or something like that.
>>      What a beautiful bit of BSD adovcacy arrived in the first article I
>>saw.
>>"Linux is for losers" ....arriving at the eventual conclusion that Win98 is
>>a great OS! If you want BSD users (or anyone) over the age of 12, best to
>>try a mailing list. Are you sure it's a pro-BSD site?
>>
>>Richard
>
>You DID read thru the site didn't you?
        The 'contact' says BSD advocacy, the rest of the site seems to be a
haven for bitter people who were too dumb to install Linux.

Richard

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Richard Thrippleton)
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 11:28:52 +0000

In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Bracy wrote:
>In article <9gjroh$2tg$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>wrote:
>
>> Actually, the BSD camp has good reason to think that linux sucks...
>>
>> Because it does, in comparison to BSD.  :)
>
>The very fact that the BSDs aren't GPL'ed makes them inferior to Linux.
        Oh dear.... an RMS fanatic. The BSD license is also 'free', in that
it has all the freedoms of the GPL, but isn't quite so restrictive (or
'viral' as some say). You can incorporate BSD code into anything, as long as
author credits are preserved. That sounds like free to me.
        As to the MS 'stealing' code, under the terms of the BSD license
it's called 'using'. I happen to think that MS using BSD code is a good
thing, as at least _some_ of their OS doesn't stink.

Richard

------------------------------

From: "Edward Rosten" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 12:34:52 +0100

In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] says...
>

>>Windows does not and will not *ever* equal 'car' or 'telephone'!
>
> What a idiot.
>
> The concept was that it is a tool, like a car and telephone.
>
> Your brain must be too small to understand simple concepts.

You're the one with the undersized brain.

car, telephone ---> single use tool

computer ---> multi use tool

The computer can do thousands more jobs than a car ot telephone and as
such is a very different device.

Comprende?

-Ed

--
(You can't go wrong with psycho-rats.)               (u98ejr)(@)(ecs.ox)(.ac.uk)

/d{def}def/f{/Times-Roman findfont s scalefont setfont}d/s{10}d/r{roll}d f 5 -1
r 230 350 moveto 0 1 179{2 1 r dup show 2 1 r 88 rotate 4 mul 0 rmoveto}for/s 15
d f pop 240 420 moveto 0 1 3 {4 2 1 r sub -1 r show}for showpage

------------------------------

From: pip <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Linux inheriting "DLL Hell"
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 11:39:47 +0100

Craig Kelley wrote:
> That may be the optimal solution for many applications; nobody is
> going to argue the point.  Most Windows applications are effectively
> static-linked because they include their own set of DLL files in the
> installation path (which, bizzarely enough, is searched *before* the
> system DLLs are).  Most commercial Linux apps are also static-linked
> as well for various reasons; many for their licenses.
>
> If GnuCash were to ever sell it in a box, I wouldn't be surprised to
> find it statically linked.

Did I read somewhere that Linux VM is going to try and and search all
memory pages for identical code pages and reduce it down ? If this
_will_ be the case then we'll be laughing all the way. Also this will
solve an issue with the overhead of multiple instances of the Java VM
for example, so this will be a killer feature. Now I'm not sure where I
saw or heard this and it may well be a figment of my overactive
imagination. Of course they need to fix the currently "broken" 2.4 VM
which they are working on. Exciting times :) In fact, thinking about it
a Kernel based VM solution would be the best. I wonder how much overhead
that would cause ?

------------------------------

From: Woofbert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 10:41:32 GMT

() wrote:

> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,      drsquare
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > On Sat, 16 Jun 2001 21:10:34 GMT, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
> >  (Woofbert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) wrote:

> >>I'm certain that this is incorrect. Everything I've been reading
> >>from the defenders of Microsoft suggests that there are no default
> >>tags, that all the tags are added by the user. }: )
> >
> > In that case, for 99% of users, there will be no tags, so there is
> > no problem.
>
> As has been pointed out before detecting sarcasm isn't your strong
> point.

What's especially sad is that I left a clue that I was being sarcastic.
What was it I said about the Clue Dance?

--
Woofbert: Chief Rocket Surgeon, Infernosoft
email <woofbert at infernosoft dot com>

------------------------------

From: drsquare <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 11:52:44 +0100

On Sun, 17 Jun 2001 20:40:43 GMT, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
 (Woofbert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) wrote:

>In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, drsquare
><[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 17 Jun 2001 14:11:15 GMT, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
>>  (Chris Ahlstrom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) wrote:
>>
>> >Dan wrote:
>>
>> >Also, I'm wondering if it will be possible to e-mail a trojan that
>> >would replace the default smart tags with a set of less "friendly"
>> >ones.
>>
>> Interesting idea. It could be used inside a virus to divert everyone
>> to Linux websites..
>
>Infernsoft would be better.

What's Infernsoft?

------------------------------

From: drsquare <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 11:52:45 +0100

On Sun, 17 Jun 2001 20:20:24 -0700, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
 (GreyCloud <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) wrote:

>> > BECAUSE CHANGING THE RENDERING OF THE PAGE IS NOT ADDING CONTENT TO
>> > THE PAGE. WHY ARE YOU SO FUCKED UP THAT YOU CAN'T UNDERSTAND THIS?????
>> > IF YOU COME UP WITH SUCH FUCKING IDIOCY ONCE MORE, YOU'RE IN MY
>> > FUCKING KILLFILE.
>>
>> OOOHH, I'M SO FUCKING SCARED BY YOUR CAPITAL LETTERS AND BAD LANGUAGE!!!
>> FUCK!!!!!   FUCK!!!!    FUCK!!!!!!
>>
>> Dan
>
>I wonder what got drsquare all upset about?

I got all upset about the previous poster being repeatedly unable to
distinguish between rendering and content.

------------------------------

From: drsquare <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 11:52:45 +0100

On 17 Jun 2001 17:13:01 -0600, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
 (Craig Kelley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) wrote:

>drsquare <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>> >In fairness, i guess that if you try to install something extremely new
>> >that no one has made a package for, the install would fail. Probably just
>> >give you some error like "gnucash version ### is already installed" where
>> >version ### would be the old version because it didn't know about the new
>> >version yet. If it knows about it, it will know about all dependencies
>> >and get them ok.
>>
>> Which is all well and good if there is a package for it. But for the
>> large majority of software, there isn't.
>
>Name one.

xcruise.
parted.
sc.
gnotepad.
greed.
dopewars.

------------------------------

From: drsquare <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 11:52:46 +0100

On 17 Jun 2001 14:03:12 -0700, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
 (ppeoe@m <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) wrote:

>In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Glitch" says...

>>works.  Most users of Windows don't have that type of personality and
>>therefore won't ever venture into the realm  of trial and
>>errror/exploring.

>a computer is a tool for many people. They care less how and why it does
>what it does.  replace 'windows' above with the word 'car' or 'telephone'

You can't replace 'windows' with 'car' or 'telephone'. Computers are
VASTLY more complex.

>and you'll see the hole you and other Unix/Linux people have themselves
>stuck in for the last 30 years while windows keep gaining more market share
>and more users.

More users? From what I can see, where average users are concerned, MS
has almost complete domination. Looks like the only way is down...

>Untill you get the simple idea is that a computer is only a tool for the
>masses, Linux and Unix will remain ignored by the millions of users.

Linux has this idea sorted. Linux is far easier to work with for the
average user than Windows is. Windows is only used because it's a
standard.

>The masses use windows becuase it does not require knowing much to use
>a computer. point and click. the masses do not care why and how it works.

And with Linux they don't have to either. However, when something goes
wrong, Linux is far easier to sort out again than Windows, which more
often that not requires a reboot or a complete reinstall.

>And that is the way it ought to work. I do not care how the car engine works,
>i am simply not interested. as long as it takes me from point A to B, that is
>all I care about.

Linux takes you from A to B. Windows takes you from A to B via C,D,E,D
and G, crashing twice along the way, and forcing you to upgrade and
reboot at around E.

>simple concept, MS figured it out long time ago, the *nix crowds still trying
>to figure what it means after 30 years.

Windows has a long way to go before it is as easy to use as Linux.

------------------------------

From: drsquare <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 11:52:47 +0100

On 17 Jun 2001 17:33:47 -0700, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
 (mike@- <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) wrote:

>In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>says...
>

>>Windows does not and will not *ever* equal 'car' or 'telephone'!
>
>What a idiot.
>
>The concept was that it is a tool, like a car and telephone.
>
>Your brain must be too small to understand simple concepts.

YOU are the one with the brain too small to understand the situation.
If you think computers are as simple and straighforward as cars or
telephones, you are severely deluded.

------------------------------

From: drsquare <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 11:52:48 +0100

On 17 Jun 2001 18:54:51 -0700, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
 (robert555@nowhere <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) wrote:

>In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>says...
>
>>Only an idiot equates cars or telephones to computers.
>
>what a moron. He was saying they are both tools. Not equal.

However, he completely over-simplified the situation.

>you must have a small brain.

And you must have a small penis.

------------------------------

From: drsquare <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 11:52:48 +0100

On 17 Jun 2001 21:05:54 -0700, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
 (tre@f <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) wrote:

>In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>says...
>
>>Either way, you're trying to equate them,and your still wrong.
>>

>listen idiot: a PC is a tool.
>
>get over it.

Well, I don't know how I'm going to cope knowing that. I think I need
counselling.

------------------------------

From: drsquare <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 11:52:49 +0100

On Sun, 17 Jun 2001 21:28:43 GMT, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
 (Woofbert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) wrote:

>> >How many users are going to change the MS-supplied homepage?
>>
>> You're contradicting yourself again.
>
>Who, Woofbert?

No, Ayende.

>>First, you claim that users will
>> be able to write their own tags,
>
>Woofbert didn't say that.

Ayende did.

>>therefore there's nothing wrong with
>> the tags.
>
>Woofbert didn't say that.

Ayende did.

>>Next, you point out that most users can't even change the
>> homepage.
>
>Wofbert suggested that most users don't change the homepage. Not can't.
>A small distinction, but it's there.

Ayende did.

>>Am I missing something here?
>
>Yes. You're missing a lot. For instance, you're missing who said what.
>DuuH!

If you read the post properly, you would see I was replying to Ayende.

------------------------------

From: drsquare <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 11:52:50 +0100

On Mon, 18 Jun 2001 01:05:25 +0200, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
 ([EMAIL PROTECTED] ()) wrote:

>In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
>       drsquare <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>>>I'm certain that this is incorrect. Everything I've been reading from
>>>the defenders of Microsoft suggests that there are no default tags, that
>>>all the tags are added by the user. }: )
>>
>> In that case, for 99% of users, there will be no tags, so there is no
>> problem.
>
>As has been pointed out before detecting sarcasm isn't your strong
>point.

I was not replying to any sarcasm.