See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/right-to-read.html for a story about this.

> > But charging money has nothing to do with freedom.
>
> The fact that Stallman repeats this over and over, doesn't necessarily
> make that true.
>
> Charging money does have something to do with freedom, at least the specific
> sense we're discussing now (being free from corporate control). If a person
> has a billion dollars, he doesn't care that he's not free to move his DVD
> collection from the US to Israel - he just leaves them in the US and has his
> servants get the same ones for him in Israel. Or he pays a million dollars
> to the studio to have a special all-zone DVD made just for him.
> A person without money is obviously not free to use that option.

  A FREE movie, software, book, whatever will allow you to produce a copy at
zero cost. So, the billionare could go and buy additional copies, but the
average Joe will be able to copy from his/her friends. This is similar to
the law in Canada that allows you to copy CDs you took from a library.

  Alon

--
This message was sent by Alon Altman ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) ICQ:1366540
The RIGHT way to contact me is by e-mail. I am otherwise nonexistent :)