On Mon, Sep 01, 2014, Tres Finocchiaro wrote:
> Peter,
>
> You've hit a lot of interesting sore spots for the software and for the
> community.
>
> The truth of the matter is, LMMS has been in dire need of performance
> enhancements for quite some time, some of which are slated to make it into a
> future release that we are testing now (won't be available until after the 1.1
> series).

Thanks.  That's good to know.  Since it's an acknowledged issue, I
won't be wasting time trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's
ear.  It's a little sad, though.  LMMS is so very, very good at what
it's got right.  I'd love to be able to use now rather than later.

> Like many other free projects, the technical skills of the development staff
> vary greatly and their availability varies even more.

I hear you.  I've been involved with a GNU project for years.  Good
coders with time to donate are sometimes just not available.

> There are some very valid reasons for the major issues you've
> described, but I'll let someone more technically involved than
> myself answer those.

One of which techical issues is that I doubt anyone expected lmms to
be used the way I've been trying. :) <sigh> Back to linuxsampler and
a gazillion virtual cables.

Cheers.

--
Peter Schaffter