Tres --

On Tue, Sep 02, 2014, Tres Finocchiaro wrote:
> Also, 99% of email conversations about LMMS (general improvements, bugs, etc)
> seem to occur on the LMMS-devel list (I was on the users list for a long time
> not knowing this).  The team which runs our social networking presence is on
> copy of LMMS-devel too.  If you don't mind the frequency of emails you may
> enjoy some of the discussion over there. :)

Thanks for the heads up.

> LMMS bridges the gap for many that otherwise would have no
> way to produce music on GNU/Linux/BSD.

I am precisely that kind of person, which is why I've been an ardent
supporter of and contributor to free/open-source software for over a
decade.  It's actually closer to two decades now, which has given me
an opportunity to observe the development of Linux audio since the
earliest days of OSS.  Not to put too fine a point on it, it's still
a mess. :)

> The problem with [open-source projects] is many of our users
> expect features that have been a stable in proprietary
> alternatives, but without the appreciation of what work goes into
> developing and supporting the features.

Too true.

--
Peter Schaffter