On Tue, Sep 02, 2014, Zbigniew wrote:

> > Okay.  When I have a little free time, I'll put a tarball together
> > you can download with wget.  Might get complicated, since I'm
> > driving lmms with midi output from Musescore, which you may not have
> > and which requires some JACK connecting to plug it into lmms.
>
> I have jackd - but I don't have Musescore. It's not possible to save
> the melody as project file?

No.  I compose in Musescore, not lmms.  Playback relies on
Musescore being hooked up to lmms.

I've put together a tarball demonstrating the difference in playback
between Musescore attached to lmms versus Musescore attached to
LinuxSampler.  There are some additional files in the tarball; the
README lists them, with explanations.  You can download the tarball
with

  wget http://www.schaffter.ca/lmms-comparison.tgz

> BTW: maybe the problem is how Musescore interfaces to LMMS?

Perhaps, but this is what I cannot begin to figure out.  At most, I
can tell you that I've used a number of samplers with
Musescore--fluidsynth, qsynth, linuxsampler, lmms--and only lmms
exhibits uneven playback and dropped notes.  The others work fine.

The only thing I can think of that might be causing the problem is
that I have to run the 'a2jmidid' bridge in order to expose lmms'
instruments as ALSA input ports since lmms has no JACK midi support.
(There's a screenshot in the tarball showing this.)  The other
samplers I've tried all use JACK natively.

--
Peter Schaffter
http://www.schaffter.ca