Erik Hatcher wrote:
I've amended my request for e-mail lists here with Doug's preference:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-195

Do others agree this is the best approach? I don't mean to be autocratic. Do we imagine different pools of users and developers for different Lucene sub-projects, or one big pool for all of them? I assume they'll be mostly disjoint.

A new name now too?

I don't really want to open that can of worms if we can help it. If folks are okay with "Lucene Java" then we're done. I mostly just meant to point out that we *are* coining a new name, so we should state that, agree on what it means, and start using it. I'm perfectly content with "Lucene Java" as a name for the project formerly known as "Jakarta Lucene". So unless we hear vigorous objections, let's go with that.

Doug