Most country's and well established cultures have a musical
> instrument associated with it...  US of A a steel string guitar,  Middle
> east , the Oud,  India a sitar, Germany a 13 course lute, France an 11
> course lute, Italy a 6 course lute, Spain a Spanish guitar, and through
the
> Gypsy's ( of Indian origins I might add) the Flamenco guitar.  And let's
see
> what's left.... Oh yea, Greece, why don't you fill in the blank, I'll give
> you a hint,  It's not a lute.
> Michael Thames
Go to
http://polyhymnion.org/torban
and click on General Iconogrphy.....

   You know my son was given a science project at school this week, which
was to make a musical instrument.  He of course wanted me to make a damm
guitar for him.  I said forget it! what are all the other kids parents
doing? defiantly not making their kids guitars.
    I told him to do what everyone else is doing .... get a long stick and a
can and put a string on it. I guess the Greeks beat him to it!
Michael Thames
www.ThamesClassicalGuitars.com