1/It depends what you mean by pulse, but in this case I count one in a
measure for practical reasons (not theoretical).
2/No, I am afraid there is no proportio sign at the beginning of the
galliarda.
3/Word "modus" was also used for the time-signature
4/If you think that suddenly in 1550 al musicians abandoned
multi-proportional system,  then my question is what had happened that year?
And even if it wasn't already so popular people didn't start to think a new
way just in one day.
Best wishes

Jaroslaw

.

That would mean : the "flags" in the passamezzo have two thirds of
the speed of the "flags" in the gagliarda..

In this case the "pulse" (=tactus?) would have to be a whole measure?
> modus perfectus. This is why I said the pulse remains the same only
dancers
> change their steps.

Is there no proportio sign at the beginnig of the gagliarda?

I think that "modus" is not the best term here. (It refers to the division
of
the longa in two or three brevis.)

>In multi-proportional system which was
>commonly used in renaissance this problem wouldn't exist because proportion
>for this set of dances was very clear and easy;

Somehow I ask myself  whether the multi-proportional system was not outdated

for instrumental music around 1550. The values used (minima, semiminima,
fusa, semifusa)
are only divided in two...

Best wishes
Bernd