     From: Alexander Batov <alexander.ba...@vihuelademano.com>
     Subject: [LUTE] Re: 4 course guitar in Italy
     To: "Martyn Hodgson" <hodgsonmar...@yahoo.co.uk>
     Cc: "Lute Dmth" <lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>
     Date: Tuesday, 29 January, 2013, 13:15

   Hello Martyn,
   I understand perfectly well that the Tenier's picture has nothing to do
   with the 'Italian representation', and I'd never meant to represent it
   that way. That particular set of the pictures, as well as the other one
   further down the page ('anjo com viola' from Abrantes, Portugal), are
   only (mostly!) there just to illustrate how widespread such
   organological feature as asymmetrical arrangement of pegs was from
   country to country. So, in a way, it serves the opposite purpose to
   what you tried to extract from it! Perhaps you've got confused by my
   wording "in the context" next to the second link that I gave, which was
   supposed to mean "in the context of the article" describing that
   particular feature, not in the topic of our discussion, sorry about
   that.
   Alexander