On 22.10.2016 17:02, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
Le 22/10/2016 à 16:57, racoon a écrit :
The cursor policy isn't fancy but just what other writer apps have. That
is also where I had the idea about treating insets as characters is
from. But as I said, this is just something to consider. You seem to
suggest it's a bad idea. :)

Can you point me to a way to see this with LibreOffice, so that I see
how it behaves?

Sure. Insert a graphic (small or resize it so two graphics would fit next to each other) and set it's anchor to "As Character", e.g. via the context menu. Then copy it and paste it so there are two next to each other.

Daniel