Le 22/10/2016 à 14:53, racoon a écrit :
On 22.10.2016 14:38, Joel Kulesza wrote:
With the ability to tweak the cursor color, I agree with Daniel's
suggestion to implement the inverted color patch.

Sorry, I did not make myself clear before. I am suggesting to not let
the user choose the cursor color but instead enforce inverted color. I
think an inverted cursor has the benefit of being visible in any
situation while the downsides seem small. I think most people are either
working with a very light or very dark background. In that case the
cursor would be almost black or almost white, respectively. I think that
is the setting most people use anyway.

As someone who has written his fair share of sentences containing the words "most people", I can tell you this: this is wrong. There are people who have set their cursor to bright red for the whole OS and will complain if LyX does not do that (I do not know them, but I am sure that they exist). There are people who have some strange color layout that makes no sense to you and would not be happy with your inverted cursor.

I would not say that this is a well-known UI paradigm, and there are probably reasons for that...

As LyX stands now, it is often very difficult to put the mouse cursor between two insets, because insets, contrary to characters, are active beasts. If you click a bit to close to them, something happens. This is why some spacing has to be kept to some extent.