On 15 July 2017 at 19:06, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes <lasgout...@lyx.org> wrote:

> Le 15/07/2017 à 18:55, Christian Ridderström a écrit :
>
>> In my opinion, if we don't reach consensus easily on formatting issues,
>> we should at least for now refrain from using a .clang-format.
>>

> This is probably what is going to take too much time...  I am not sure
> that we should have such a debate now.

I hope we can at least see if a debate is necessary, we might get lucky.
Perhaps the current source code is mainly consistent, in which case we
could align to that format. I can at least compile a list of topics.

Btw, what (if any) version of clang-format do you have on your system?
/Christian

PS.

> The trick is to avoid using tabs for space alignment, like emacs'
> smart-tabs-mode does:
> https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/SmartTabs
>
> I have to admit that I have not done it yes, and therefore I do that by
> hand currently.

Clang format uses TAB for block indentation and spaces for the rest, i.e.
Emacs smart-tabs, through the setting

    UseTabStyle: ForIndentation