On Sat, Jan 08, 2005 at 08:35:11PM +0100, Uwe Stöhr wrote:
> Plans: I would rework the Tutorial and the UserGuide. [...]

I don't think anybody is going to stop you. Not me at least.

>   But I want to delete platform specifig stuff like "Configuring the X
> keyboard" etc. and ironic comments. (These comments are often funny but
> shouldn't be part of a manual.)

If they are really funny you could leave them in. As a reality check you
might ask one of the regular readers from the Western Islands (where the
Pound is still a Pound...).

> [...] As koma-script is no longer part of the default installation of
>  VTeX and MikTeX,

[Why btw? Sounds like a strange decision ...]

>   But if the rework is done, I want to merge the manual files to a
> printable koma-script book file using all layout tricks, so that it can
> be published as a real book. (I wondered why there is no book about LyX
> available.) Publishing a book could help to reach more people and could
> possibly help to pay the bills for one of the next developer meeting.
> What do you think about it?

Not bad.

> Questions:
> While working on the docs, many questions came in my mind that I would
> ask in several other messages to this list. I hope someone can help me.

I am not reading lyx-doc. Should I?

Andre'