I would be interested too.. I would also be interested
in a tex2lyx standalone (ie. would run without one
having lyx in his system) if this is possible. I just
downloaded Angus's tex2lyx but Im not sure if it works
for window users who installed lyx using cygwin (I
didnt tried other lyx versions for windows ... I
thought since I have cygwin already I will just do
with this version), it wasnt able to find the .ltx
file even if I put it in the sysdir parameter of
tex2lyx.

... but then again, I dont think this was meant to be
used in cygwin.

Sincerely,
Jose Capco