> From: "Simons, Don" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 13:21:26 -0700
>
> Werner Icking [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] wrote
>
> >The PMX equivalent is "oen"/"oes"/"oef" as "ornament". This display the
> >cautionary accidental on top of the note or on top of the staff whatever
> >ist higher.
>
> As I use the terms, there is a difference between cautionary accidentals and
> editorial accidentals. [...]

Just after hitting "Send" I noticed, that I should had written:

 This displays an editorial accidental ... which can be interpreted like
 a cautionary accidental.

And I really used editorial accidentals this way, because it's better
readable in my opinion than cautionary accidentals.

In the meantime I detected that the solution in my previous mail is incomplete.
To have a general conversion for any single accidental into a cautionary
accidental using my macro \ctnry this macro has to be extended to deal
with \smallna, \smallsh and \smallfl in the same way as with \bigna, ...

And in addition all doublesharps and doubleflats may be included.

Both extensions can be a nice excercise for the interested reader :-)

-- Werner