"Simons, Don" wrote:

> "\\def\cautna{\let\bignat\bigna\def\bigna##1{\cna{##1}\let\bigna\bignat}}\"

Even if Christof Biebricher earlier today condemned cautionary
accidentals as 'bad habit' your nice little macro (including its
counterparts for sharps and flats) have come in just in time for my
current composing project. There I practice another 'bad habit' of
frequently changing keys and thus at some places want to remind the
performers of an accidental introduced earlier in a bar. And I *dont*
want to use editorial accidentals in that case because they, at least to
me, signify something different. For example in my editions of
renaissance music (Ravenscroft, Pedersøn etc.) I insert editorial
accidentals where the original source for some reason don't have them
but where I - as an editor - think they ought to be.

By experiment I realized that the results of \cautna and friends even
get horizontally offset when I apply a pmx offset suffix on the
'ordinary' accidentals:-)
--
Christian Mondrup, Computer Programmer
Scandiatransplant, Skejby Hospital, University Hospital of Aarhus