* Philip Mak ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) [Dec 27. 2001 11:10]:

> Scenario: When I press "$" to purge the deleted messages in my mailbox,
> and it asks me:
>
> Purge 8 deleted messages? ([yes]/no):
>
> and I answer "yes", if new mail has arrived that mutt didn't see yet, it
> will show the new mail and *abort* the purge operation. Is this a bug/is
> there a workaround for this?

If you don't want to be asked, I think you want this:

### delete
### Type: quadoption
### Default: ask-yes
### Controls whether or not messages are really deleted when closing or
### synchronizing a mailbox. If set to yes, messages marked for deleting
### will automatically be purged without prompting. If set to no, messages
### marked for deletion will be kept in the mailbox.
set delete=yes

That what I set and I don't get the prompt.

I'm no veteran though,
--
Brian Clark | Avoiding the general public since 1805!
Fingerprint: 07CE FA37 8DF6 A109 8119 076B B5A2 E5FB E4D0 C7C8