On Thu, Dec 27, 2001 at 11:20:07AM -0500, Philip Mak wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Dec 2001, Brian Clark wrote:
>
> > > if new mail has arrived that mutt didn't see yet, it
> > > will show the new mail and *abort* the purge operation. Is this a bug/is
> > > there a workaround for this?
> >
> > If you don't want to be asked, I think you want this:
> >
> > ### delete
> > ### Type: quadoption
> > ### Default: ask-yes
> > ### Controls whether or not messages are really deleted when closing or
> > ### synchronizing a mailbox.
>
> That's not what I was talking about, actually. I was saying that when it
> asks me "Purge 8 deleted messages? ([yes]/no):" and I answer yes, it DOES
> NOT purge the messages if new mail has just arrived.

I've found this irritating too, but since it does no actual harm I don't
really worry about it, especially since I don't delete mail often. I
think I may happen because if the mailbox has been modified (mbox
format) mutt may not be able to identify the relevant messages to remove
easily?

--
Benjamin Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]>