Philip, et al --

...and then Philip Mak said...
%
% Scenario: When I press "$" to purge the deleted messages in my mailbox,
% and it asks me:
%
% Purge 8 deleted messages? ([yes]/no):
%
% and I answer "yes", if new mail has arrived that mutt didn't see yet, it
% will show the new mail and *abort* the purge operation. Is this a bug/is
% there a workaround for this?

I don't think it's a bug; I think it's a design decision.

The later discussions of multiple people accessing the same mailbox make
sense, but I personally think it's just because one might change one's
mind about whether or not to delete a message if new mail comes in.

HTH & HAND

:-D
(work) [EMAIL PROTECTED]