On Thu, Dec 27, 2001 at 05:53:40PM +0100, René Clerc wrote:
> * Benjamin Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [27-12-2001 17:47]:
>
> | > That's not what I was talking about, actually. I was saying that when it
> | > asks me "Purge 8 deleted messages? ([yes]/no):" and I answer yes, it DOES
> | > NOT purge the messages if new mail has just arrived.
> | >

> | I've found this irritating too, but since it does no actual harm I don't
> | really worry about it, especially since I don't delete mail often. I
> | think I may happen because if the mailbox has been modified (mbox
> | format) mutt may not be able to identify the relevant messages to remove
> | easily?
>
> I was thinking of that too, but since mutt still knows how to mark the
> messages to be deleted after the purge, why not delete them after the
> check... ?

Good question... Currently the code just does this (in
mbox_sync_mailbox):

/* Check to make sure that the file hasn't changed on disk */
if ((i = mbox_check_mailbox (ctx, index_hint)) == M_NEW_MAIL ||  i == M_REOPEN
{
  /* new mail arrived, or mailbox reopened */
  need_sort = i;
  rc = i;
  goto bail;
}

> --
> René Clerc                      - ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
>
> To get what you want, STOP doing what isn't working.
> -Dennis Weaver

We could, but where's the fun of fixing it?

--
Benjamin Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]>