* Benjamin Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [27-12-2001 17:47]:

| > That's not what I was talking about, actually. I was saying that when it
| > asks me "Purge 8 deleted messages? ([yes]/no):" and I answer yes, it DOES
| > NOT purge the messages if new mail has just arrived.
| >

| I've found this irritating too, but since it does no actual harm I don't
| really worry about it, especially since I don't delete mail often. I
| think I may happen because if the mailbox has been modified (mbox
| format) mutt may not be able to identify the relevant messages to remove
| easily?

I was thinking of that too, but since mutt still knows how to mark the
messages to be deleted after the purge, why not delete them after the
check... ?

--
René Clerc                      - ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

To get what you want, STOP doing what isn't working.
-Dennis Weaver