Hi you all!

First, a huge thanks to Jonas, Lars and the other members of the danish NPW
team! It was a most interesting and revigoring workshop you gave us!

Last week Jonathan Worthington spent 2 days in Stockholm and we met an evening
together with Tobias Wrigstad and Johan Östlund from Stockholm's university who
both are teaching and/or doing/leading research in the field of dynamic
languages. They came up with very interesting suggestions!

Tobias could get us some support from Stockholm's university, a bit like the
Oslo workshop did. We could probably get access to their conference rooms for
free/cheap, in exchange for giving the workshop an orientation that would
interest students and teachers.

A preliminary suggestion would be to focus the workshop on talks that discuss
dynamic programming and dynamic features in Perl. We would for example have
talks about the new features in Perl6 and Parrot, about dynamic constructs such
as closures, continuations, metaclass hacking, code generation, etc.

An other idea would be to make a bridge between the hacker community around
Perl6/Parrot and the academic world. This has been an important trend for many
involved in Perl6/Parrot lately, with for example Audrey Tang and Jonathan W.
going to wellknown academic conferences. That could mean talks about the way
Parrot's guts are implemented, the way Perl6 is being designed or the way CPAN6
will look like.

There are already conferences and workshops for dynamic languages, such as
http://dyla2007.unibe.ch/?Call_for_papers. We could do something similar but
restricted to Perl.

I believe we would wake a strong interest for the workshop by giving it that
kind of orientation for the Stockholm edition and attract really interesting
speakers both from the Perl community and Stockholm's university. Giving the
workshop some content that is relevant to courses at Stockholm's university
could also bring us lots of students as attendees. At least we seem to have the
right contacts to make this happen.

What do you all think of that?

/Erwan