Øyvind Harboe wrote:
> Now, there is a small problem you pointed out: that two elf images
> that are "too close together" won't work with the flash write
> image erase option, but here the user can use flash erase_address
> range in one pass and then multiple invocations of flash
> write_image, so I think we should just ignore this problem
> as we have up until now and nobody raised the problem.

Agreed. I do not think this case is really relevant. In all cases I have
seen until now, images always have separate sectors, never two images
sharing one sector - because sharing a sector will damage the second
image if the first is upgraded in-system and power fails.

If such a case really is needed, the separate erase should be enough.

cu
Michael